Sunday 23 April 2017

The latest in Climbesville


So people, it's been a few weeks, so here's the latest....

First of all, I did it! I am now the proud owner of the SPA (Single Pitch Award)! This means that I can now take a group of people out and supervise them whilst climbing. I had to have 2 days of training, then had 2 days of tests. Lots of practice meant that this went without a hitch so I can now hire myself out! This was at The Roaches at Leek, with multi pitch climbs.

OK so that's a picture of my backside, but you can see where I am using my skills!!!

Been out climbing in the Peak District quite a lot, including to places such as Stannage Edge and Froggat Edge, both popular climbing areas in Derbyshire. There are a variety of different climbs there; at Stannage there is a popular end for people of all sorts of different abilities. At the Plantation end there is a lot of bouldering for people who might enjoy or prefer this. At Froggat there are different climbs to attempt, some being higher than Stannage - I would say up to 30m there which is a bit higher than at Stannage.

So here are some pics of recent climbs...











I continue to go indoor climbing too - shout out to the team at Awesome Walls in Sheffield
https://www.awesomewalls.co.uk/climbing-centres/sheffield/sheffield-overview-page

as well as Climbing Works, also in Sheffield,
https://www.climbingworks.com/

I'm getting better at reaching the very top here, even with the overhang, and have been practising speed climbing, which isn't as easy as it looks!

Finally (for now) I had a photo shoot! Big shout out to Pandora, of Pandora Images Photography, for organising
http://www.pandoraimagesphotography.co.uk/
and to Chris Thornton of Chris Thornton Photography
http://www.christhorntonphotography.com/ for taking the shot below that I will be using as my profile photo (well, I would, wouldn't I....and no, it's not been photoshopped, as a few have cheekily suggested!)



Happy climbing everyone! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment